When you are experiencing shoulder pain, whether mild or severe, it can disrupt your everyday activities. While shoulder pain is common, it doesn’t mean you have to live with it. Chiropractic care can naturally alleviate your shoulder pain and restrengthen your surrounding muscles. Our team at Sterchi Chiropractic in Yorkville is here to treat your shoulder pain and prevent it from returning.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are many causes of shoulder pain, ranging from acute to chronic. However, the common causes of shoulder pain we see at our clinic include:
- Sports or auto injuries: When the ligaments, muscles, nerves, and bones in your shoulder are injured, you are likely to experience shoulder pain.
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage in the shoulder joint wears out, bones rub against each other, causing pain and stiffness.
- Rotator cuff injury: Rotator cuff contains numerous muscles that may be torn due to impact.
- Bursitis: It’s the inflammation of the bursae (fluid-filled sac) that protects the shoulder joint and aids with mobility.
- Frozen shoulder: Occurs when the muscles and joints in the shoulder become stiff, limiting mobility.
- Shoulder dislocation: Severe impact may cause the humerus, shoulder blade, and collar bone to dislocate.
- Referred pain: Sometimes, shoulder pain isn’t local. Pain in the neck or arms may radiate to the shoulders, causing discomfort.
You may not even notice how frequently you use your shoulders until you have discomfort. The good news is that you don’t have to live with the pain for long with the help of our chiropractic care.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Shoulder Pain
Before devising any treatment plan, our chiropractor starts by diagnosing your pain. We will assess your medical history, discuss your current symptoms and the severity of your pain, and run various physical tests. If needed, our chiropractor may require x-rays or other imaging tests for a thorough diagnosis. From there, our team will create a treatment plan using various techniques.
The most common treatment method we use for shoulder pain is chiropractic adjustments. Our chiropractor will work to realign your shoulder joints to remove any restrictions that impede optimal function. Massage therapy may also be used to help reduce tension in the muscles around the shoulder region. We will also teach you corrective exercises and provide lifestyle advice to prevent your pain from reoccurring in the future.
Visit Us for Natural Pain Management in Yorkville, IL
Whether your shoulder pain is due to a sports injury, auto accident, or medical condition, Sterchi Chiropractic is here to help. Book an appointment today if you are looking for shoulder pain relief in Oswego, Yorkville, or surrounding areas.